Dubai has quickly become the capital for luxury, shopping and extreme decadence. People from all over the world are drawn to this little country for its incredible architecture, huge shopping malls, a man-made island and the tallest building on earth, the Burj-Khalifa. Dubai is also considered a Shoppers’ Mecca, with fashionistas and luxury-lovers gathering here January for the magnificent shopping festival.
How Dubai become so popular in such a short time? Dubai’s estimated population is 2,269,000. Of course, with the tourists and temporary residents, it’s probably ten times that figure during most months. About 80% of Dubai’s 2 million or so residents are expats. Want to know more? Check out our infographic, “Dubai in Numbers” to get an idea of what drives Dubai, and exactly how rich this amazing country really is!
Infographic by GO Globe a web design Dubai Company
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
Dubai’s Population, Gender-wise
|Gender ||Population |
| || |
|Male ||1,712,000 |
|Female ||557,000 |
|Dubai’s GDP per capita ||16,350.00 |
|UAE’s GDP per capita ||44,750 |
|World’s GDP per capita ||13,100 |
Points Of Interest
- Dubai ranks fifth among the top global destinations for travellers.
- Dubai received almost 12 million overnight international visitors in 2014, which is 7.5 % more than 2013.
- Dubai has the 4.8 visitors for every resident, which is the highest in the world followed by Amsterdam, with only 2.6 visitors per resident.
- The Dubai International airport became the world’s number-1 airport for international passengers.
- In 2014, about 70,475,636 passengers landed in this airport, which is an increase of 6.1 % from 2013’s figure, which was 66,431,533.
- International visitors accounted for 62 % of the total arrivals in Dubai.
- The estimated annual per capita consumption of electricity in Dubai is 15,346 KW compared to the world’s per capita consumption of 21,283 KW
- The number of Facebook users in Dubai is 2,300,000. This accounts for 64% of the total FaceBook users in the UAE.
- The number of Twitter users in Dubai is 258,000. This accounts for 71.12% of the total twitter users in the UAE.
- Dubai Metro is the world’s longest driverless metro network in the world. More than 500,000 people uses the Dubai Metro every day
- The Dubai Mall is the world's largest shopping mall based on total area. This mall attracts more than 750,000 visitors every week
- Dubai has the 148 skyscrapers, which is the third highest in the world. Hong Kong comes second, with 302 skyscrapers. New York, with 235 skyscrapers comes third. The Burj Khalifa, at 828 meters is the world’s tallest building.
- One out of every 4 cranes on Earth is located in Dubai.
- Sales of oil constitute 6% of Dubai’s economy.
- Dubai produces enough oil to fill approximately 4.5 olympic swimming pools per day.
- There is no personal or income tax in Dubai
- Dubai’s artificial Palm Islands imported enough sand to fill 2.5 Empire State Buildings.
- Burj Al Arab uses enough gold inside to cover 46,265 Mona Lisa paintings.
- Dubai is building a climate controlled ‘city’ which is 2.25 times as big as Monaco
- Dubai’s economy is projected to grow 4.5 per cent next year, which will be higher than the global growth forecast of 3.5 per cent.