In a year’s time , Dubai will be hosting the first World Expo ever held in the Middle East, North Africa, and South Asian region. Starting October 20, 2020, Dubai will host this world event for 173 days, until April 10, 2021 and will bring together the best innovations, trade practices, environmentally friendly products and clean energy solutions from all over the world.
Based on the theme “Connecting Minds—Creating the Future”, Dubai Expo 2020 will focus on three sub themes: Mobility, Sustainability and Opportunity. In other words, Expo 2020 will revolve around the UN Sustainable Development Goals that recognizes sustainable solutions to global challenges such as clean and suitable energy.
Infographic by GO-Globe Web Design Company in Dubai
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
Expo 2020 Logo is inspired by a 4,000 year-old golden ring discovered at an ancient archaeological site in the Al Marmum area of Dubai and is revealed by his Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, vice president and prime minister of the UAE and ruler of Dubai.
What to expect
Dubai Expo 2020 is expected to attract over 25 million visitors from over 192 countries that have confirmed participation. Only 30% of the Expo 2020 visitors is estimated to come from the United Arab Emirates while the remaining 70% will come from the other participating countries. This will make Expo 2020 event the first of its kind to attract more international visitors than the local attendees. Among the over 190 participating countries, 86 countries are planning to have their own pavilion with very unique content and design, one that you have never seen before.
The Location of the Expo
Expo 2020 site is being constructed on the southern part of Dubai adjacent to Al Maktoum International Airport and covers an area that is 4 km long and 1.8km wide (about 5.2 sq km) with four main entrances.
A dedicated Dubai Metro Route 2020 will be available to take 46,000 passengers per hour, to and from the site. As a matter of fact, this event is considered to be highest only after the Olympics and the World Cup.
Impact on economy
Dubai Expo 2020 is expected to create more than 300,000 direct jobs. Moreover, more than 1,200 contracts have already been awarded to small and medium enterprises and represents more than half of contracts awarded. That is not all. By the time the event kicks off in October 2020, the number of hotel rooms would have grown from 65,000 to 100,000. With estimated investments in excess of 6.8 billion USD, this event is expected to boost further the economy of the United Arab Emirates by 33.4 Billion USD.
Moreover, 90% of the materials used to build the site will be recycled to construct legacy buildings after the event. In addition, Expo Dubai 2020 plans to use 85% of all waste to create products ranging from t-shirts to fertilizers. In addition, 50% of the energy that will be used during the event will come from renewable sources.